Thursday, May 12, 2016

Slaying The Game

        

       A little over a year ago I was oozing with confidence. I was the girl wearing four inch wedges, bright red lipstick and walking with a swinging blonde ponytail. The truth was, I felt awesome and I didn't care about all of the weird looks I got (me being the only person in my 8 am math class that wasn't wearing pajamas or sweatpants). I can't say that I've lost all confidence, because I haven't, but my wedges and booties, that would make it so I was no longer 5'7 but 5'11, haven't seen the sunshine in quite some time and if I remember correctly, the last time I wore red lipstick I took it off immediately because I felt I looked too bold. Let's define bold, shall we? 



bold
bōld/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a person, action, or idea) showing an ability to take risks; confident and courageous.


   I'm not sure when being bold became a bad thing, but evidently, it had. Bold had always just been a word to describe a makeup look to me i.e. Her purple lip is bold, his blue eyeshadow is bold, her rainbow highlight is BOLD. I never thought to look up the definition of such a simple word that is used commonly to describe things that happen that, for lack of a better term, ARE bold.        


    Well ladies and gents, I think it's time that we gave the word bold the appreciation it deserves. I know for me, personally, I would love to be described as someone that was confident and courageous, wouldn't you? I'm not sure where my confidence went, but I am sure that from this point on, being bold is something worth striving for. Be the person that's known for having the ability to take risks. And while you're taking those risks, own them. 


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.
Thanks for reading XO