Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Forgiving someone that doesn't say "sorry"

I had to forgive someone that never said sorry.

Mind you, forgiving some(ONE) turned into two, then three, and so on. I'm sure there will be more people that come into my life, do some kind of wrong or hurt me in some way and never apologize but honestly, I'm okay with that. I welcome it actually. If there's one thing I've learned from previous friendships and harsh experiences is that you can forgive someone without hearing the apology in the first place. This isn't for them, this is for you, and let me explain three easy reasons why you should start doing the same: 

1. You learn that forgiving someone may take more effort in the beginning, but less hurt following. Nothing can weigh you down if you choose to no longer carry it.

2. After that, you'll feel light. You'll also feel a sense of satisfaction with the person. I've come to find that once I forgive someone without the apology, all of the work is on me. Which believe it or not is a GOOD thing.  Take as much time as you need, find your inner closure, and make sure you smile at the happy memories with this person instead of focusing all of your energy on something so negative. 

3. For lack of a better phrase, it's always best to be the bigger person. This isn't to tell yourself you're the better of the two in the situation, but simply because the outcome and real reward is given to who comes to peace and happiness with the ended bond. Hard feelings are just that, hard. So why would you continue to let things be hard?


Those things are easier said than done. It's easy to be bitter and hold onto grudges. But when was being bitter and a grudge holder something you'd want someone to describe you as? Work towards being a positive light. How do you do this, you ask? Find something causing shadows on your light and figure out how to move it. For example: forgiving someone that hasn't really figured out how to say sorry. 

XO - D

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.
Thanks for reading XO