Monday, April 27, 2015

The best part of me


I used to 
Think guys that were emotional were weak.
Think guys that needed your undivided attention were clingy.
Think guys that wanted me to consider them in everything I did were asking for too much.
Think that promises rings were for the unfaithful, just reassurance to keep from worry.
Think guys were going to treat you a certain way and you couldn't do anything about it.
Think guys were incapable of being chivalrous.
Think guys ran when you cared too much, so your job was to not care at all.
Think guys were incapable of being completely faithful, being cheated on was inevitable.
Think guys always had an ulterior motive, you were a prize not a person.
Think guys only liked the chase, so you're going to be alone if you stop leading them on.
Think that I wasn't worth anyone's time.

Know you, but I didn't know you. I knew of you. And boy am I lucky to know you now. Because everything I used to believe, you proved me wrong and changed my mind on what happiness truly is. You made me believe in love when I didn't even believe in myself. 

I used to believe all those things, firmly. But now, all I believe in is us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.
Thanks for reading XO